Troy University is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all students, faculty and staff. The University's Board of Trustees demonstrated this commitment with the approval of a resolution designating Troy University as a tobacco-free institution.
千蠃官网国际网址This policy, which went into effect on August 13, 2012, prohibits smoking and the use of all tobacco products within all University buildings, parking lots, structures, walkways, indoor and outdoor athletic facilities, University vehicles, worksites and grounds and any vehicles on campus regardless of ownership. The health care and health education programs of the University perform an important function by demonstrating and promoting healthy lifestyles through activities such as curtailment of the use of tobacco products.
- "Smoking" means inhaling, exhaling, burning or carrying any lighted or heated cigar, cigarette or pipe.
- "Tobacco Products" such as all forms of tobacco, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, water pipes (hookah), electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products (e.g. chewing tobacco and snuff).
- "Members of the University Community" include its faculty, staff, students, volunteers, vendors, customers and visitors.
- This policy applies to all Troy University employees, students, contractors, vendors, recruits and visitors.
- The use of all tobacco products is prohibited on all property that is owned, operated, leased, occupied or controlled by the University. "Property" for the purposes of this paragraph includes buildings and structures, grounds, parking lots, non-public walkways, sidewalks and vehicles, as well as personal vehicles in these areas. These same policies apply for all TROY campuses and locations.
- Troy University will provide a variety of wellness initiatives to assist students, faculty and staff to achieve nicotine independence and smoking cessation.
千蠃官网国际网址Authority for enforcement of this policy is vested in the Deans of Colleges, Department Chairs, Supervisors or the Dean of Students and Athletic Director or their designee, in conjunction with the Senior Director of Human Resources.
Violation of this policy may result in corrective action under the Student Code of Conduct, Human Resources Policies and Procedures or other applicable University Regulations or Policies. Visitors refusing to comply may be asked to leave campus.